Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 17


Day 17 of the 21DSD: Everything went well today. It was my husband's first day back at work after being off for 6 weeks. Luckily it wasn't as lonely as it could have been, because my minions were home to wreak havoc. School holiday. I got a lot of much needed house work done, yay. I got basically N O T H I N G accomplished while my husband was home. It was a love/hate feeling.                                         My kids really enjoyed the gluten free bread recipe I found. It was also husband approved. I was pretty nervous about it because I couldn't taste it due to two of the ingredients. The kids made, what looked like epic, almond butter & banana sandwiches. They chose their "poison" - carrots on the side for my son & broccoli on the side for my daughter. It doesn't always go this smoothly. I kept waiting for the world to crash and burn. I didn't hear once, "where's the chips mom?". 
I woke up like a kid on Christmas. Why you ask? Because I got to try my bulletproof coffee. I brewed my coffee, then threw the butter & coconut oil in the blender w/the coffee, and anxiously poured it into one of my favorite coffee mugs. My initial taste thought was hm... this is buttery. So, I decided to give it a few more sips.... then the cup was empty! I actually ENJOYED an unsweetened cup of coffee. It was so creamy & delicious! The energy I felt afterwards was endless, hence my baseboards being clean now. I highly recommend giving this a shot. Seriously, like now.

Beautiful "bulletproof" coffee outcome.
Day 17 of 21 DSD Meals:
1. Coffee w/1tbsp butter, 1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
2. All the water!
3. Two egg omelet w/turkey in it & okra
4. Left over spaghetti squash, chicken, & spinach
5. 8oz of Coconut Water
6. Scrambled eggs, two slices of bacon, brussel sprouts, roasted carrots, 1/2 avocado
9. One green apple
10. 1 fresh carrot

Supplements taken:
1. Yellow Dock
2. Fish Oil
3. CLA
4. Cod Liver Oil, fermented



~ Until next time,

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment