Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Rainy days

Day 5 has been a good day! I woke up this morning and made an awesome breakfast. I made vanilla pancakes from Primal Palate and they were fantastic! My husband put syrup on his pancakes and scarfed down his plate like it was his last meal. However, I am so use to my pancakes being sweetened that I had trouble eating these. So, me, being the smart person that I am, put vanilla extract on top of my pancakes and completely ruined them! Apparently putting vanilla extract on food is not the same as baking it in food. Lesson learned! At least now I have a new coconut flour pancake recipe that my family likes. Oh and in case you were wondering, the eggs and bacon were cooked to perfection!

At lunch we went and watched the Texas Chainsaw Massacre with our friend Brooke. I snuck in a baggie with raw almonds and coconut flakes in it to snack on, while the smell of popcorn threatened to pull me into it's evil grasp. The movie was okay. I neither loved it nor hated it. Definitely had a different take on the story, which made it interesting. But nevertheless, meh. After the movie we went and had lunch at Cheddars. It was okay. I did good, although the croissant that came on the side of my salad had my mouth salivating horrendously. Luckily my awesome husband swooped in and enjoyed the magical, sweet croissant while I watched. It was painful!                                                                     

Here in the south we are getting hella rain. It's nice. I love a good thunderstorm. The only down point to thunderstorms is that I always comfort myself and family by ordering a pizza during them and forcing some poor sap to deliver the cheesy goodness to our doors in the torrential  down poor. Luckily for  that guy, I'm tightening up my eating  currently. So against my  habitual addiction self, I cooked.  My inner cheese lover was pissed. 

I cooked a recipe I found at http://we-eat-fat-not-that.blogspot.com called Mexian meat and squash. It was really tasty and my family gobbled it up. Minus my son who eats all things nothing. Sigh. One day I am going to crack that picky eater!

Day 5 of the 21DSD Meals Today:
1. 2 eggs, 2 bacon strips, 1 pancake
2. Lunch portion grilled salmon, salad w/balsamic dressing, and broccoli
3. Mexican meat and squash casserole
4. Water, water, and more water
5. Almonds and coconut flakes

~Until Next Time,

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment