Saturday, January 12, 2013

Skipper

So I didn't make a blog post yesterday. Sorry guys! I'll give you a short recap of yesterday:

My husband and I did some major grocery shopping - all grassfed, organic. Let me just say two things; One. Why the hell is good food so extremely expensive? and Two. I need to get my own farm.
After we unloaded the groceries, we went to our local beef farmer and bought soup bones and ground meat. It's such a peaceful feeling when you visit a farm. Wistful sigh. Last night was a real challenge for me, our mutual friend came over and him and the husband cracked open a few beers. Usually I would gleefully join in, especially since our kids are at their grandmas for the weekend, but I didn't. And surprisingly, I didn't feel like I was missing anything!

Day 7 meals:
1. Two eggs, four slices of bacon, coffee w/coconut milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon
2. Spinach salad w/veggies & balsamic dressing, grilled tilapia, sauteed cabbage, & squash.
3. Citrus kombucha
4. Two ham roll ups (alfalfa sprouts, cherry tomatoes, gluten free mustard wrapped in ham), one pumpkin pancake (recipe in previous post).
5. Water, water, water!
6. Water w/lemon & acv
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That being said, today marks DAY 8! Holy crap, I am now on week two of this challenge and I can not believe that I have made it this far! I am no longer craving sweets horrendously, but am now wanting starchy foods like a chili cheese hot dog and salty steak fries. 'Just keep swimming, just keep swimming......'

I made a very decadent treat with my green apple today - I sauteed my apple in ghee and while that was going I toasted pecans. I then added the pecans to the apple. While that was cooking I toasted unsweetened coconut flakes. I then seasoned the apples & pecans with cinnamon. Topped that off with a dollop of almond butter & the toasted coconut flakes. NOM! It felt like I was cheating! Soo good.

Tomorrow I plan to go buy some of this Jicama I keep hearing about and make Jicama fries & ketchup! Pretty excited about that. I know that this post is short, but it's midnight here and I am pooped! Night :)

Day 8 meals:
1. Three fried eggs, three slices of bacon, roasted carrots.
2. Cup of gingerade kombucha
3.  1/2 cup of coffee w/coconut milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon
4. Ground meat & cabbage mix w/roasted carrots
5. Bbq chicken, green beans, salad (no dressing, no bbq sauce)
6. ACV, lemon, water mix
7. 1 green apple w/pecans, unsweetened coconut flakes, 1tbsp almond butter
8. Water, Water, Water
9. Cod liver oil, cinnamon tingle


Eggs, bacon, roasted carrots!
Ham rollup & cucumbers


Grass-fed, local beef!

Ham rollups & pumpkin pancake!
Cabbage & meat, carrots.
Apple, pecans, coconut, almond butter!
 ~ Until next time,

Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment