Sunday, January 6, 2013

Reset!

So, in lieu of  more than a few crap food choices that I recently indulged in, I felt the need to detox my body of crap, aka sugar. I know what you are thinking - CRAZY! A few years ago, I would have totally been with you on that one. However, things have changed, and now that my eyes are open, I realize how badly sugar is the enemy. I have been feeling extremely run down, lazy, moody, and just flat out bleh! I believe that the culprit of these craptastic feelings has a lot to do with the fake food that I have been eating, as well as my lack of working out.

It's a new year, which means that we all get the chance to start over, aka RESET.

My new year has gone off smoothly with two crossfit classes last week that my husband and brother in law attended with me! I was stoked that my husband gets to try out crossfit (Our local box is offering two free weeks to anyone)! Needless to say, that after 2 1/2 weeks of not working out, I am horrendously sore, but in a good way ;)

I signed up for the 21 day sugar detox that one of the bloggers that I follow is doing. Not really sure if I could detox my body from sugar for THREE weeks or not, I waited a few days after she started to read over the documents and pump myself up.  I had planned on starting on Monday, but after going yesterday with no sugar, I decided that would be day 1 and jumped in feet first. I am not on day 2 and feeling pretty good. Basically what this 21 day detox entails is no sugar (breads, fruits, potatoes, sweeteners, etc). I found out last night that I really crave sugar the most at night. I was strong though and drank hella water to pull through!

Today marks day 2. I drank half a cup of coffee with coconut milk, cinnamon, and no sweetener. It was a fail. I am so use to having my stevia sweetened coffee. So, I do believe coffee will be out of the equation for me and I will try to do green tea w/ginger & lemon. If not, then all caffeine is out for me.
I should add that I am also on Day 3 of Paleo eating. Lots of challenge's at once happening here!

Meals so far-
Day 1:
1. Steamed snow crab legs, roasted veggies, salad (oil & vinegar dressing)
2. Steak smothered in bell pepper, onion, mushrooms w/avocado & sauteed garlic spinach - cooked in organic extra virgin olive oil 
3. Almonds & coconut flakes
4. Lots of water
5. Kickin kombucha (first time to try this drink and it was.. interesting)

Day 2:
1. Egg Scramble (eggs, red onion, spinach, mushroom, tomatoes - cooked in bacon fat), 2 strips of bacon, and side of avocado
2. 1/2 cup of Coffee - coconut milk, cinnamon, no sweetener.
3. 3 cups of lemon infused water

I'll keep you posted! 

To learn more about the 21 day detox, visit their website http://the21daysugardetox.com
To visit Amber's blog to see how she is doing on her detox, visit http://exsoycise.com
Want to know what the hell Kombucha is? Visit the website to learn - http://www.kickinkombucha.com/about/

No comments:

Post a Comment