Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Day 19

Day 19 of 21DSD

Starting my day out right with an AMAZING cup of coffee. I swear, I gulped down this entire cup of coffee like it was sweetened by the nectar of the Gods. Alas - the only thing in this coffee was grassfed, unsalted butter & coconut oil. This organic sumatra coffee was fantastic!

Afterwards, I made a fabulous breakfast - Chorizo & eggs and home-made coconut tortillas. My first time to ever make tortillas!!! It was a lot easier than what I had assumed. My kids absolutely LOVED this meal. They loved it so much, that I packed them these "tacos" for lunch. After I dropped off the kids I got to taste these babies & OH EM GEE. I could eat these all day. Suuuuuriously.
I got the tortilla recipe from the Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook. It was super easy - check that book out if you haven't already.




Know what is in the food you eat - ALWAYS check the ingredients. Food ingredients should be simple & understandable.


For lunch, I wasn't too hungry, so I made a smoothie. It was deliciously comforting.

Some of you have asked how I made today's meals, well - here ya go:
Bfast: Cook chorizo in a pan. After this is cooked, add in your eggs. Stirring occasionally.
Coconut tortillas - 1/4 cup coconut flour, 8 large egg white, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 cup water. Whisk together until there are no lumps. Place coconut oil in a pan on medium heat and put about 3tbsp at a time of your mixture. Flip once the bottom side is light brown.
Smoothie: Blend a handful & a half spinach with one green apple & 1 cup of coconut milk. BAM!

Day 19 Meals:
1. Coffee w/butter & oil
2. Chorizo egg tacos
3. Green smoothie
4. Water
5. Grilled chicken salad

Day 19 Supplememts: 
1. Cod liver oil
2. Fish oil
3. CLA
4. Yellow dock

~ Until next time,

Ruby


No comments:

Post a Comment