Monday, January 14, 2013

Satisfaction

Day 10 of 21DSD:

This morning I woke up and my stomach was u p s e t. I drank a glass of water with lemon & apple cider vinegar to help calm it, as well as a cup of bone broth. It calmed down eventually but let's just say it took me awhile to regain an appetite. That being said, there is nothing more satisfying than having your kids enjoy the wholesome meals or snacks that you cook.

I made my kids hot cocoa as a snack and they raved about it. It was so simple and was not the processed crap you buy at the stores! The best part - they didn't even realize that they drank coconut milk! Mom 1, Kids 0.
The ingredients for the hot cocoa were;

  • Organic, unsweetened cocoa powder
  • Coconut milk, full fat, canned
  • Gluten free marshmallow's
  • 1 tsp of maple syrup
That's it, it's as simple as that! The kids absolutely loved this hot cocoa, citing that it was 'the best they have ever had.'

Ah, sweet satisfaction.

I was on a roll tonight, because I cooked an epic meal for dinner that had every one of my family members saying mmmmm! I cooked oven baked chicken, sauteed red chard, roasted carrots, & cauliflower mashed "potatoes".  It was the bomb!!
Here is how I cooked my food;
  • Season the chicken with rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, Celtic salt, & pepper. Put a tbsp of coconut oil in the oven pan and put in the oven on 400. Cook until the outside is crispy enough to your liking. Viola! You can make these even more sassy by squeezing a fresh lemon atop these. Noms.
  • Put bacon grease or olive oil in a pan. I used bacon grease. Saute two cloves of minced garlic & as much onion as you like. Then add the red chard, saute.
  • Set the oven to 350 & place chopped carrots in a pan with olive oil & cinnamon. Cook until the carrots look roasted.
  • Boil cauliflower with seat salt until soft. Please cauliflower in food processor or blender. Add ghee (or grassfed butter), Celtic salt, pepper. Blend together.
Easy, peasy way to make a satisfying dinner for your family that everyone will love! <3
Day 10 Meals:
  1. 1 cup of bone broth
  2. 1 glass of acv/lemon
  3. Chicken, carrots, chard, cauli mash
  4. 1 green apple, pecans, coconut, cinnamon in coconut milk
  5. Water, water, water
  6. 1 tsp cod liver oil

No comments:

Post a Comment